May 10th-11th Opening Weekend For our 67th Season of Family Fun In Tipton
Tipton, Pennsylvania – DelGrosso’s Amusement Park will open for the 2014 Summer Season on Saturday,
May 10th, 2014. The Park will be open weekends and Memorial Day in May.
Opening Day celebrations kick off at 11am on May 10th with TWO HOURS of FREE Rides (including Go-Karts) from 11am-1pm. An All-Day Fun Pass is only $14.95 during the month of May. On Opening Day the park is running a special BOGO on All Day Fun Passes. You can purchase one pass at $14.95 and get one FREE! On Mother’s Day all Moms get to Ride for Free.
“We are so excited to be kicking off our 67th Season of family fun,” says Carl Crider Jr., General Manager of DelGrosso’s Amusement Park. “Our staff has been hard at work for months preparing for the season and we are excited to get the summer fun started”.
New This Season
- New Ride for the 2014 Season – The Music Express Description: The Music Express cars are suspended in the air. The ride begins in a circular motion and as the ride gains momentum and reaches its operating speed the cars swing outward at roughly a 30 degree angle. The entire ride begins to lift and oscillate giving you the motion of dipping up and down as the rides goes around.
- New Food Stand –“The Corner Bistro” – Serving Chicken Wraps and Homemade Potato Chips
- New Game – Pasta Plinko – Expected Opening Date: May 18, 2014
- New Gift Shop Parkside – “La Famiglia Gift Shop – The Family Store With So Much More” – The park side gift shop is being moved from the midway building where it was roughly 300 Square feet in retail space, to the former Arcade building where guests can enjoy 2400 Square feet of shopping space. Expected Opening Day – May 24, 2014.
- New Website – www.DelGrossos.com - The Park Website features an all new design with lots of great photos from the fun events and attractions available at the park.
DelGrosso’s Amusement Park By The Numbers
- Estimated 300,000 visitors a year
- Home to 17 Picnic Pavilions that will host 800 plus picnics this summer
- Estimated – 1200 pounds of Murf’s Famous Potato Salad will be made for Opening Weekend
- Park Guests will enjoy an estimated 25,000 Pizzas at the park made with DelGrosso Pizza Sauce
- Park Chef and staff will prepare over 2,300 pounds of spaghetti for the 2014 Spaghetti Wednesday meals
A full 2014 Event Schedule for DelGrosso’s Amusement Park can be found on-line at www.delgrossos.com and on Facebook at the DelGrosso’s Amusement Park page.
- You can also sign up for weekly Text Messages from the Park to find out what’s happening by texting the word DELGROSSOS to 75327. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- You can sign up for a Monthly E-mail Newsletter “The DAP Insider” to learn more about events and special deals by texting the word PARKFUN to 22828. Standard text messaging rates apply.
About: DelGrosso’s Amusement Park of Tipton, PA has been owned and operated by the DelGrosso Family since 1946 when Ferdinand (Fred) and Mafalda (Murf) DelGrosso purchased the land and attractions. Known as “Bland’s Park” until 2000, the DelGrosso’s have continued to emphasize Fred’s original vision of “Old Fashion Fun at Family Prices.” The park has become famous for “America’s Best Amusement Park Food,” and has been featured in national publications and media, including “Every Day With Rachael Ray” and the Food Network TV show, “Unwrapped.” The DelGrosso Family also owns and operates DelGrosso Foods, which is America’s oldest major family-owned producer of pasta sauce, and Marianna Foods, which helps area organizations in their fundraising efforts. Info at www.delgrossos.com.